Gift Ideas for Digital Professionals
Whether shopping for holiday presents and stocking stuffers or year-end thank-yous for staffers and customers, ’tis the season for gifts, gifts and more gifts. Of course getting that special someone something special can be a challenge, especially since downloads and streaming have replaced CDs and DVDs. Thankfully there are still a handful of hands-on items guaranteed to please even the pickiest digital marketing pro as this list of five fave picks shows.
1) What starts the self-starter? Coffee! And Gourmet Coffee Club will deliver fresh roasted coffee every month to your home or office. Upon your initial order and every 30 days after, receive two different one-pound bags of fresh-roasted premium coffee in either ground or whole-bean form for $21.95 a month (plus $5.95 shipping). Satisfaction is guaranteed; otherwise cancel at any time. For details, visit www.coffeeam.com/coclofmo.html.
2) Coffee and tea merge with your keyboard—in a good way—with ThinkGeek’s Ctrl-Alt-Delete cup set. Available in a black exterior with white interior, the sturdy plastic cups can handle hot or cold drinks and are dishwasher safe while the circuit-board etched tray makes for a clever display. The set ranges in price from $10 to $6 depending on where you make your purchase. Shop around.
3) Charge your compatible Galaxy smartphones and other Qi-compatible devices without plugging your device into a wall charger or USB port with the Samsung Wireless Charging Pad. Offered in black sapphire, the item comes with 2A wall charger and lets you use your device while charging! List price is $99 but deals for less are out there.
4) The iPhone photo printer produces 300 dpi resolution photo quality pictures directly from a docked iPhone 5/5s/5c or iPod Touch in less than a minute and without ink cartridges! Compact and portable, this nifty gift needs no computer or software, and is controlled from your device via a free downloadable app. Best of all, it comes with the Hammacher Schlemmer Lifetime Guarantee at no additional cost so you may return it (for whatever reason) at any time for an exchange, credit, or refund. To place your order, visit www.hammacher.com.
5) An artistic and affordable way to dress up any Apple MacBook is with a decal. And with so many designs, one is apt to fit your “giftee” to a tea—from hairstyles (mohawk and afro) and headgear (baseball hat and headphones) to people (Snow White, Homer Simpson and Wonder Woman), places (New York City, San Francisco, Sydney and Toronto) and things (camera and turntable). Prices vary depending on the design. The Dark Knight, for example, is $17.99.